Monday, April 6, 2009

Sony PS3


A few months back I got myself a PS3 to complement my Sony XBR. Since I am not into gaming I got this to play Blu-Ray movies. At this time this is one of the best Blu-Ray players you can get for under 400 dollars. For some people the form factor may be a turn-off but I like its look. The other low to mid end players offered by Samsung or Sony still don't match PS3 in terms of loading speed, picture quality etc. The Bluetooth remote is awesome, you don't need to point your remote at the player anymore.

The best thing about PS3 that is not available in other players is its wireless media player capability. Just start Windows Media Player sharing in your PC (or install TVersity), the PS3 automatically finds your PC and let you watch all your audio, video, and photo collections in your TV. There is no need to burn your movies into CD anymore. If your PS3 is connected to your home network via Ethernet, then you can even watch the movies in HD quality.

You can get the PS3 from Amazon. You can also apply for Sony Credit Card and get $100 of your purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment